Tech Nation has announced the launch of their International Growth Programme. Commissioned by the UK government, it's designed to help tech companies access trade and investment opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region.
30 UK tech scale-ups including BankBI have joined the inaugural programme, which launched in Australia, Singapore, Japan, and South Korea.
The programme, created as part of the Digital Trade Network, will help forge exciting and innovative partnerships between the UK and countries in the Asia-Pacific region, creating access to brand new markets.
According to Tech Nation’s Unlocking Global Tech report, the UK was the 5th greatest tech services exporter in the world in 2019, a position reinforced by a growing number of exporting tech companies in the country.
In 2020, Southeast Asia’s digital economy reached US$100 billion and is expected to grow to US$300 billion by 2025, even with the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
With 80% of Tech Nation’s Upscale cohort prioritising international expansion as their number one challenge, the timing of this launch is crucial.
The International Growth Programme connects and supports some of the UK’s leading technology scale-ups and aims to cement the UK’s position as a global tech powerhouse.
The first cohort of the International Growth Programme involves a variety of technology companies across the world, including:
- Cyan Forensics – Provide transformative new technologies to help law enforcement, social media, and cloud companies find and block harmful content.
- Buddi – is used worldwide by health and criminal justice authorities, healthcare professionals and more to monitor the health and whereabouts of people.
- nPlan – helps clients understand uncertainty and risk in construction projects using machine learning technology, and their insights are used to change the course of major capital projects.
- DragonFly AI – AI helps clients predict and influence human attention. It makes content work harder in a world full of it, by showing what the human brain takes notice of.
- Wazoku – An innovative SaaS business, Wazoku gives a voice and a role to everyone in the innovation process.
- Assuria – Provides trusted cybersecurity software solutions and managed security services in more than 20 countries worldwide.
- Cambridge Intelligence – Cambridge Intelligence build data visualisation tools that help to improve global safety, whether that’s fraud detection, cybersecurity, or law enforcement.
- BankBI - In one single SaaS application to automate financial performance management, banking performance, and prudential regulatory reporting.
South Korea and Japan
- Featurespace – An award-winning Adaptive Behavioural Analytics solution for fraud prevention.
- Smartia – An industrial intelligence company, Smartia provides scalable AI solutions to connect and transform industrial data into something actionable.
- PPC Protect – PPC Protect eliminates invalid ad clicks across paid search with automated fraud prevention technologies.
Supporting International Growth
This is only the beginning of Tech Nation's attempts to support international growth. They're also offering a series of webinars and interactive workshops to support UK-based scale-ups in growing their business internationally.
As a UK scale-up that works with many international partners BankBI are excited by this new initiative and look forward to exploring the opportunities.